Marketing Job Vacancies
Do you see a great future for yourself in marketing jobs? Do you dream of working with the top companies in the country? Do you want to make a fulfilling career in marketing? If your answer to all these questions is a resounding yes, then reading on.
Among fresh graduates, marketing jobs are a popular choice. Not only are they offered across industries and locations, but they also allow exposure to a continually evolving and dynamic working environment.
Here, we discuss what the various options for working in marketing jobs are and where all you can explore your chances. From important skills required to the top companies for the job, here is a look at marketing jobs in detail.
✅ What skills and educational qualifications are required for a marketing job?
While a degree in marketing makes your chances for a marketing job better, you may even explore this domain for a switch. There are a few skills that are expected of every person working in marketing – from excellent communication skills in writing and speaking to having a profound knowledge of the market scenario, or the ability to analyse situations to solving problems on the go. Today, as a professional in marketing, there are a few skills you must grasp in order to stay relevant and updated in the field.
Some of the top skills required for marketing jobs are listed below:
- Experience with contemporary digital platforms
- With so much riding on digital today, marketing has much to work with various digital platforms, channels and tools. You must acquire experience working with all the emerging technologies in order to keep growing in the field.
- Exposure to digital marketing
- Advertising on the digital medium is highly popular amongst brands these days, due to low cost and high reach. Even if you are further ahead in your experience and did not have exposure to digital marketing in your coursework, you can always take a course in the same.
- A strong understanding of analytics
- Since data is everywhere, it is important to learn how to manage it. Marketing professionals have to work with large volumes of data on a day-to-day basis. Learning analytics helps you structure data into a sensible and workable format for efficient use.
✅ What are various job roles in marketing?
Across the marketing domain, there are a number of different job roles you can explore. From leading marketing campaigns to working on web and mobile platforms, marketing jobs have a wide arena of exciting opportunities.
The most prominent roles found in marketing jobs are:
- Marketing manager: As a marketing manager, your job is to analyse the market and the consumers, in order to define new strategies and plans for promotion and growth.
- Product manager: If you choose to work as a product manager, the entire focus would be on promoting your product. You need to work on the product from start to finish. This means, working on everything from developing the product’s selling point to creating campaigns and conducting promotions. This role can be under both marketing or product development.
- Social media marketing manager: If you like making connections, this is a job you would find extremely satisfying and fun. A social media marketing manager is the one responsible for making a brand visible. You would be the one making sure the brand reaches out to people across various social media channels and platforms. In today’s market, this is a highly responsible job as having an active online presence is crucial to every brand.
- Market research analyst: If you have a thing for observation and finding things out, a market research analyst’s job is meant for you. In this role, you would be conducting research, surveys and polls in the market. From studying customer feedback to helping incorporate them, you would act as the backbone of marketing.
- Supply chain analyst: While the above marketing jobs are involved in the creative aspects, the delivery aspects come next. This is where a supply chain analyst comes in. Without a supply chain analyst, you cannot conceive a tangible solution to transporting and delivering your products. Your job as a supply chain analyst involves finding the best possible methods of delivery in terms of security, cost and efficiency.
Irrespective of which profile you ultimately go for, all of them offer interesting duties and responsibilities. The idea is to find the one which suits your goals the best.
✅ Which are the top industries for marketing jobs?
Marketing jobs are available in every single industry. Without it, no industry can sustain. So, although marketing jobs are available everywhere, here we list down some of the top industries for you:
- Consumer services
Across these industries, marketing jobs include creating brand awareness, managing public relations, and promoting your brand/products via social media, among other duties.
✅ Which are the top companies for marketing jobs?
Now that you know which the top industries for marketing jobs are, let’s see which companies in India offer the best opportunities for marketing professionals.
- Bharti Airtel
- Reliance Jio
- Hindustan Unilever
- Coca-Cola India
- ITC Limited
- Sony India
- Tata Motors
- Samsung Electronics
- P & G
- Maruti Suzuki
- Colgate Palmolive
- Hero MotoCorp
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- LG Electronics
✅ How to start looking for a marketing job?
Since there are endless possibilities for a career in marketing jobs, finding a suitable opportunity in this field should be easier for you. If you are starting out as a fresh graduate in marketing, it is best to begin with internship. You can even start one towards the end of your course period so that you have a head start when you start applying for full-time marketing jobs.
However, if you are an experienced professional in the field, you can make use of your people skills to start connecting with other professionals. You can do this by connecting with recruiters and professionals from professional networking sites, your social media platforms or even online job boards.
Make sure your resume is up to date in terms of your professional information as well as with what the industry is currently looking at. Updating your skills from time to time helps you move forward, especially if you have been working in the field for some time and are disconnected from the job market scenario.
Discover an exciting and rewarding career with the top marketing jobs and move closer to your professional goals.